A big Thank You goes out to Victoria_Jane and Lucie Frazier for nominating me. To be honest, I was surprised when I saw Victoria’s (then Lucie’s) tweet where I was tagged. I thought they had just accidentally made a mistake. LOL! But, as I searched the web to find out more about the The Liebster Blog Award, I found out that it’s a way for bloggers to promote other bloggers like me, who have just started blogging. Since Victoria was the first one to tag me, I’m answering her questions and following her rules. 🙂
The rules are:
– Answer the questions sent to you
– Nominate 11 bloggers who have under 200 followers on twitter
– Ask them 11 question of your own
– Notify them that they have been nominated
Here are the questions Victoria asked me, and my answers:
1) Who is your favourite blogger and why?
Karen and Sunny are currently my favorite bloggers. Karen is hilariously funny and Sunny always blogs about stuff that I also love. I also enjoy looking at, and drooling over, their swatches. LOL!
2) What is your favourite make up brand?
Most definitely Chanel!
3) Are there any bad fashion trends that you followed when you were younger?
Not really. I have followed fashion trends when I was younger, that if I see pictures of them now I would definitely wince, but I don’t consider them “bad” fashion trends because during those years they were really popular and trendy.
4) Why did you start blogging?
At home, I often talk about makeup and beauty products, but nobody understands me. It’s just as well, because I’m the only female in our house. 😉 So, I thought, why not create a blog where I can share my thoughts on makeup, and other like-minded people who will visit my blog will appreciate and understand what I’m talking about.
5) What is your top make up tip?
I think the best make up tip I can give is to be clean in every way. Start with clean hands, with a cleansed face, always use clean brushes and make up tools and never forget to remove your makeup at the end of each day and clean your face. This is one way of preventing you from getting skin problems due to negligence.
6) Whats your favourite season in the year? Why?
Spring is my favorite season simply because I love the Spring colors in makeup collections released during this season. 😉
7) What is your favourite quote? Why?
“In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.” – Coco Chanel
Not just to be irreplaceable, but also to stand out from among the crowd. How will you be irreplaceable if you are not noticeable in the first place. Being different is not always bad, and this is one instance where it’s great to be different.. unique!
8) Favourite high street store?
9) Who is your biggest style influence?
I would say Jennifer Aniston (or Rachel) from her “Friends” years. I love her hair, makeup and outfit in almost all of the episodes, from season 1 to 10. 😀
10) What beauty products can you not live without?
I used to be a simple girl who doesn’t really wear any makeup, but around 5 years ago, I dropped by a MAC store because I was curious about all those little, round eyeshadows that were neatly displayed on the wall shelves, bought a couple of eyeshadows and lipsticks, and was forever hooked! Now, I can’t live without my MAC lipsticks, Chanel Rouge Allure lipsticks, Chanel Rouge Coco Shines and NARS Audacious lipsticks – Lipstick is one makeup product that I definitely need everyday of my life because it instantly brightens up my face even on my gloomiest days. For skincare/beauty, it’s Vaseline Intensive Lip Therapy and a really good facial wash like Laneige Pore Deep Cleansing Foam and my ever-reliable pimple-fighting Eskinol facial wash.
11) Who are your favourite youtubers?
Pony is my favorite! Even if I have to read the captions just to understand what she’s saying, I don’t care, because I love how she does makeup – so simple yet so pretty.
I’m nominating the following:
Here are my questions for you:
1) What is your blog about? Why did you choose to blog about it?
2) Who is your inspiration for your blog?
3) If you could take 5 makeup/beauty/fashion item with you to heaven, what would they be?
4) Do you think it’s worth shelling out money for designer and high-end brands? Why?
5) When did you start blogging? What made you do it?
6) Would you buy clothes, makeup or beauty products you haven’t tried on or tested? Why?
7) How do you test makeup (especially lipsticks) products at the counter? Do you sanitize them first? Explain how.
8) Would you review a product from a fashion or beauty brand you don’t really like? Why?
9) What is your favorite drugstore brand? Which of their products do you love?
10) What brand is your most expensive bag? Why did you choose to buy it?
11) Do you join blog giveaways? Why?
I hope you had fun reading my answers, have fun answering my questions, too! Don’t forget to tweet me the link to your Liebster post. Congratulations on being part of the Liebster Award, and welcome to the world of blogging!